The Integrated Systems Laboratory (ISL) is part of the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications (IIT), one of the five Institutes of “Demokritos” (NCSRD). ISL has accumulated substantial expertise and is actively involved in many areas of information technologies and telecommunications, including GIS, location-based services and mobile location-based services (including journey planning), indoor and outdoor asset positioning and tracking, 3D modeling and reconstruction, intelligent information extraction and processing, multi-sensor data fusion, security of networks, software engineering with emphasis to automatically customized software, means and people via biometrics and related applications and services, as well as hybrid telecommunication and DVB networks. ISL has participated in numerous EU and nationally funded research projects under FP4, FP5, FP6 and FP7, and has acquired substantial experience both as partner and coordinator.
Role in TRESSPASS:
- Project Coordinator
- Key partner for providing the Data Fusion, intelligence extraction
- Key partner for providing the Data Ingestion Server
- FLYSEC frontend technologies deployment, OCULUS FLYSEC Command and Control
- Simulation WP leader and Key Developer of 3D Border Control Site Operation Modeling and Simulation VR platform
- Technical support and management of the Greek Pilot Case in Piraeus Port